Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend in Oslo (Part 5...Finale)


By this time I will have finished writing this story, I have been to Brussels, Stockholm, Berlin and London, spent countless hours in front of my computer and had infinitely more memories from my time in Europe.  I don’t know what’s taken me so long to finish story, but here it is, before it’s too late. Here is the final installment of my epic. 

Compared to the rest of this trip, Sunday was quite tame and rather uneventful; basically it was a normal visit to a foreign city.  After my passport debacle the group headed to the Botanical Garden that was close to out hostel.  On the way we spotted a cafĂ© in the Edvard Munch museum, and in true 7-11 fashion, we stopped for our little nosh.  The boys wanted to stay at the museum and see “The Scream,” while the girls wanted to explore the botanical gardens.  I ended up staying at the museum to see “The Scream,” as well as a charming exhibit entitled “Puberty.”
After viewing more paintings of boobs than I ever care to see, the museum-group headed to the gardens to try to find the girls and enjoy the garden’s beauty of previously splendid, but at that point completely-dead flowers. 

Unfortunately the girls had already left so we head back in to the center of the city, planning to meet up with the girls at the ship when it was time to leave.  In the city center we touristed-it-up, walked around, stopped in souvenir shops, went back to that infamous McDonalds (charming, once again) and walked through an old fort/castle that was right next to the harbor.  The journey onto the boat was essentially smooth sailing (pun intended) and after I picked up my passport, we were officially on our journey home, but first, a night of debauchery similar to our first boat experience. 





The next day, the entire group was absolutely exhausted as we made our way back to the dorm in silent resolution until we could finally fall into our beds and sleep the weekend away.  Let’s just be blunt and call this trip was it was…a SHITSHOW.  I don’t know how I didn’t have a complete mental breakdown at several points that weekend, but at the end, with my passport in hand, I could officially say I had a great time and a trip to Norway for the memory books, well actually for this blog because I don’t know anyone who writes in actual books anymore…

No comments:

Post a Comment